growing recipes. growing belly.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

chocolate bundt cake

7:23 PM Posted by patty , , No comments

My friend Tiffany has been attempting to coerce me into making bundt cakes. I've always liked the pans, but never thought much about making a cake with no center.  Eventually the pans won and I found myself walking out of the store with a pan in hand, this of course meant I needed to bake a cake, good thing Tiff gave me an arsenal of recipes to try.

This is a super simple, but extremely moist cake.  I decided to make this for The Husband for his birthday with a little french vanilla ice cream on the side.  It was delicious!


chocolate bundt cake
ingredients
  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
  • 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup warm water
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350F
  2. In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a well greased bundt pan.
  3. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. 
  4. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an hour and a half before inverting onto a plate If desired, dust the cake with powdered sugar.

 ....

0 comments:

Post a Comment