growing recipes. growing belly.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

grill-less babyback ribs

11:19 PM Posted by patty , , No comments
While grocery shopping, I found a nice rack of baby backs ribs on sale and I just couldn't pass it up.  When I got home, I realized I had a few problems...1) I never made ribs before, 2) we had no coals for the grill and 3) I didn't want to marinate overnight or wait 3-4 hours to eat ribs! I want my ribs now! Tonight!

Lucky for me I have a great friend who knows meats or at least his father does so I asked him for his dad's "secret" oven-roasted rib recipe.  I did a little research online and found a similar recipe, combined the two and created what I think is a very successful recipe. The result... quite a delicious rack of ribs. They're not fall of the bone and the sauce isn't so saturated that you can't taste anything but sauce. Total cook time: 1 hour and 30 minutes.  You really can't beat that!

Grill-less Baby Back Ribs
(loosely adapted from Delicious House)

ingredients
  • 1 Rack of baby back pork ribs (about 3lb)
  • Garlic Salt
  • Pepper
  • Paprika (or Cayenne pepper, if you want a slight kick)
  • Favorite BBQ Sauce - for us, it's Lucille's or Trader's Joe's

directions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place 1 rack of baby back pork ribs on a large piece of foil.
2. Sprinkle liberally with garlic salt, black pepper & paprika. Place fat side up on the foil.
3. Cover ribs with a second piece of foil and fold each edge tightly so moisture is sealed in. It's really important to make sure the ribs are sealed up. Bake in preheated over for 1 hour.
4. Remove ribs from oven and unwrap foil. Brush with your favorite BBQ sauce and place fat side down. Return ribs to oven, foil still open. Cook 20 minutes.
5. Cut and serve. If you prefer having more flavor, just serve it with your favorite BBQ sauce on the side.

0 comments:

Post a Comment